Monday, September 14, 2009

Just when you thought it was safe to go back on the sidewalks....

Sometimes really bizarre things that we all thought were dead for good turn up and rock our world, and make us re-evaluate our knowledge.; like the coelacanth.








Some of these discoveries are pleasant, and bring joy and smiles to the scientific community; like the coelacanth.



But other things that we thought were long dead, and feared could hurt our children, resurface and rock our world, making us question everything we believe.

Things like ......rollerblading?









I know, I thought this was dead too, but in the last 30 days I have seen no less than 3 people on rollerblades. In public! 3 may not seem like a lot until you consider that the last time I saw somebody using rollerblades was a picture on the back of a Pog in like 1993.


Seriously, did someone just wake up one day and think, "This is getting out of control. I am just way, WAY to cool. the only way to deal with this is to be seen in public using rollerblades, with a moderate degree of skill that suggests I actually partake in this outdated fad on a semi-regular basis."

Yup, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what they said.







- Double E


P.S. I have no idea if the being in that picture is male or female, so don't ask. The smooth supple skin, shapely thighs, and high-waisted cut-off jean shorts suggest female. But the creature's version of a head/face thing suggests something otherworldly. Or French.

No comments: