As of February 2003, the worlds heaviest living cat is believed to be the 44lb "Katy" from Russia. The owners wished to have it listed in the Guinness Book of World Records, but they apparently no longer accept records in this category because they don't want people to overfeed their pets.
Well, it makes sense. It would be dangerous and unhealthy.
Let's look at some other Guinness record categories that have not been discontinued:
- Heaviest Man
- Niagara Falls Tightrope walking
- Largest mantle of Bees
- Longest Ramp jump with a caravan
- Solo Mount Everest Ascents
- Fastest speed road-skiing behind a motorcycle
- Highest Shallow dive
- Strangest diet (metal and glass)
- Most kicks to the head in one minute(Self)
Good to see they don't want people doing dangerous or unhealthy things either.